Wirral Dog Food is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The type of personal information we collect
Personal information means any detail that could be used on its own or with other data to identify you.
We will collect and process the following types of information
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics
This may include your name, address, contact details, delivery address, delivery instructions and a record of your prior orders and deliveries.
- Special Information
From time to time we may store relevant information about your dog such as his or her name, age, breed/type, normal food and any health conditions or other needs that might reasonably impact on our advice or service to you.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To register on our website as a customer and/or to opt in to our marketing communications
- To place an order with us online, by phone or face to face
- To engage with our social media content, for example to take part in competitions or promotions
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From our bank and merchant services to authorise or report on financial transactions
- Images and video content from the safety cameras placed in our store and vehicles
- Anonymised information from Google or Cookies that tell us about how visitors are using our Website
We may use this information on its own or combined with any of the information we receive or collect from you for any of the following reasons :-.
- To make the full functionality of our Website and service available to you
- To notify you of changes to our Website or service.
- To carry out your delivery instructions and/or keep you updated about the progress of your order
- To enable us to provide you with details of other products and services, or special promotions, where you have given us permission to do so
- To develop our knowledge of your dog’s needs in order to provide you with accurate information and advice
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To monitor and improve our service offering to you, including monitoring of use of our Website
- To seek your opinion about all or any products or aspects of our service; we will not publish this information in a way that is attributable to you without your permission
We may share or receive personal information about you from appropriate 3rd parties including banks, merchant services providers, credit checking companies, software providers, couriers, manufacturers and their designated couriers or hauliers, regulatory authorities or government departments. We will only do this for legitimate reasons and will never sell or share your information with 3rd parties for commercial gain.
We may provide information about you to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your consent.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by writing to us at Wirral Dog Food, Unit 90, Appin Road, Argyle Industrial Estate, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH41 OHH.
- We have a contractual obligation in the event that you are placing an order with us
- We have a legitimate interest.
We will use reasonable endeavours to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
How we store your personal information
Your information will be stored securely, in compliance with our obligations, and we will use it appropriately and hold it no longer than is necessary.
Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet, by email or by telephone. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, your rights include :-
- The right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- The right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate or to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond to you within 1 month.
If you wish to make a request, please write to us at Wirral Dog Food, Unit 90, Appin Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH41 0HH
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Wirral Dog Food, Unit 90, Appin Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH41 0HH.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk